We are looking for a qualified Application Developer to design, build, test and implement the software code that enables computer systems to perform specific tasks. The ideal candidate will design the logic that delivers the computing system functionality, test the application and develop enhancements that enable a positive end-user experience. You will be expected to work as part of a project team, and also communicate progress, technical issues and their resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Fluent in multiple programming languages and expert users of application development tools, such as C#, ClearCase, JAVA, J2EE, Visual Basic, WebSphere, WebLogic, plus many others
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of application programming is the main prerequisite for application developer positions
- Degree in Computer Science, software engineering or mathematics
- Experience with various computing systems and technologies
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Education and Experience
- 4 year college degree, with focus on computer programming
- Previous experience in programming
- 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Software Development
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of hardware and software support
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision of the Director of Operations
- Office environment
The security of company, customer and client business information is vital to the interests, reputation, and success of EdgeData, LLC. Violating the trust relationship among the organization, its clients, its vendors, and employees can be damaging beyond repair. If you are contacted by any person or organization and asked to supply information, refer the request to your manager or the President.
To protect EdgeData, LLC’s legitimate interests, it is necessary that you maintain the security of information, which includes data and any other information not generally available to the public. All customer and client information is to be regarded as subject to information security guidelines that must be applied at all times. If you take action that compromises information security, you are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
EdgeData is an Equal Opportunity Employer