The Vice President of Business Development, Energy Market for the Utilities and Power Generation vertical market will be responsible for driving revenue growth in EdgeData’s UtilityEdge and BladeEdge companies. This position will be responsible for top-line and market share growth through strategic planning and execution of sales, marketing, and key industry partnerships. This individual will be a member of the Management Team at EdgeData. The Vice President, Energy Market will ensure a robust and growing sales funnel with current company capabilities and a focus to capture additional market opportunities through consultative selling engagements with emerging solutions. This position reports to the President of EdgeData. This individual must provide effective communication, integration, and coordination with both external and internal organizations (i.e., Marketing, Operations, Board of Directors, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Vice President, Energy Market will be responsible for revenue activities and opportunities including:
- Meeting and exceeding monthly revenue budgets
- Growing the company market share in all key industry segments with sales to new customers
- Grow existing customer relationships with add on business
- Know the operations, business objectives and initiatives of the energy vertical market
- Establish critical partnerships in the industry that helps drive revenue, credibility, and market guidance
- Increase company mindshare, drive inbound interest in the market through innovative and effective marketing campaigns
- Develop the metrics that measure success in our marketplace
- Provide feedback to the Company on market trends and opportunities
- Know the competition
- Responsible to effectively manage sales and marketing expense budgets
- Responsible to keep CRM and necessary reporting up to date and available to the organization
- Facilitating collaboration and enhancing communications between departments such as marketing, operations, administration, and legal
- Provide leadership as the Company continues its growth trajectory
- Ensuring that the Company is represented effectively and professionally to internal and external prospects, customers, and partners
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different
combination of duties.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in key operations, strategic sales, management within the energy industry vertical
- Experience in defining and implementing sales and marketing strategies to achieve a long-term vision and demonstrated experience developing and launching programs and services
- Experience developing, and managing budgets
- Experience in participating on the senior management team of a stand-alone business or a significant business unit of a larger company, with solid business acumen.
- Experience in managing the entire sales life cycle, from conception through design, development and verification, to release, maintenance and end of life.
- Experience in managing multiple, concurrent operational projects of high complexity.
- Capable of understanding technology.
- Proven track record in applying rigorous strategic thinking ability and analytical skills. Energetic and aggressive leader who moves with velocity and a sense of urgency.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial personality who is capable of functioning without significant infrastructure. Possesses a strong work ethic, and high degree of professionalism, and business and personal integrity.
- Team-orientation and win/win approach to creating business value.
- Broad experience leading strategic alliances for a fast-growing technology company is mandatory.
- Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges.
- Effective leadership and the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a staff of business and technical professionals.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Computer of office software literacy
Extensive travel is required. Travel examples include long daily commutes, frequent overnight stays, and weeklong absences from home. Possible international travel required.
The security of Company, customer and client business information is vital to the interests, reputation, and success of EdgeData, LLC. Violating the trust relationship among the organization, its clients, its vendors, and employees can be damaging beyond repair. If you are contacted by any person or organization and asked to supply information, refer the request to the President or the CEO.
To protect EdgeData, LLC’s legitimate interests, it is necessary that you maintain the security of information, which includes data and any other information not generally available to the public. All customer and client information is to be regarded as subject to information security guidelines that must be applied at all times. If you take action that compromises information security, you are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
EdgeData is an Equal Opportunity Employer